Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Donations Please! Household Donations That Is... ;)

I am searching for household items that I can refurbish and make new again! I'm always on the lookout for the following items, and I'm usually "that" girl going through your pile of trash on garbage day. I'm looking for the kinds of things that you might set out in the alley for someone else to use, but aren't necessarily garbage. I love turning your junk in to gold! If anyone in the Chicago-land area has any of the items listed below, please message me! :)

- Wood chairs (finish unimportant)
- Wood cabinets
- Old wood nightstands
- China hutches / old cupboards, especially corner cabinets
- Old suitcases (not the plastic hard-shell kind)
- Blue Ball/Mason jars
- Old bird cages
- Silver plate flatware (all kinds, mix/match)
- Small wood kitchen tables (maybe about the size of a desk)
- Metal or industrial carts or tables
- Wood cabinets that are a manageable size 
- Pressed glass goblets, plates, cake stands, etc.
- Lamps that fit into the "shabby chic" aesthetic
- Old chairs with and without seat pads
- Wood, iron, or brass headboards (all sizes) 
- Chandeliers of all kinds (even ones that are non-working and rusty.)
- Wood, brass, or iron bar carts or bar cabinets

- Vintage or old trunks (the wood ones are my favorite!)
- Wood pew benches
- Wood fireplace mantels
- pretty much anything old, wood, and that has great bones :)

I repurpose and refinish these items. I look forward to hearing from you! ~~~Please note: My budget for collecting items to work on is minimal, so this should really be something you're about ready to toss or donate. Thank you for supporting a green-minded crafter who's trying to recycle these items and give them a new life! 



Pickin' items

No comments:

Post a Comment