Saturday, May 12, 2012

Antique Dresser Turned Changing Table

So my husband picked up this dresser for me off of Craigslist for my birthday last month. I knew I wanted an old antique dresser to turn in to Baby P's changing table, and most of the ones we looked at needed lots of work!  There were some scratches on the front drawers, and lots of water marks on the top- BUT I loved the lines and style of this dresser, and the storage is great!
It also seemed a little too dark for my liking, so I sanded the whole thing down. My original plan was to just sand down and re-stain the top of the dresser. I was going to paint the bottom half white, but once I sanded down the entire dresser, I started to like to look of it again all wood. I decided NOT to stain it again... instead, I put a clear satin protective coat all over it to make sure it was durable. Here is the end result! (minus the knobs... I need to put those back on)
However, now that it's finished, I'm still not 100% in love with it. I am STILL debating about painting the bottom half, but I'm not completely convinced! Here are a couple of ideas I saw... what do you guys think? All wood? Or painted bottom? Help! I can never make any decisions on my own.... ;)



2 comments:

  1. Hello, nice to meet you everyone, this your host from Colourful Baby.
    We are here again with the best information and our today’s topic is baby changing table dresser.
    We have a detailed post on Baby changing table dresser you can check this post. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete