Sunday, April 29, 2012

Garbage Treasure

Happy Sunday! This weekend I started working on my garbage-picked tufted chairs (don't worry- they were well cleaned and vacuumed!) I did NOT like the color of the chairs, but I have never re-upholstered anything this intricate before (with tufting).

I figured I could make an easy slipcover for them... burlap is what first came to mind... but I wanted to try something new! So I picked up some fabric paint from Michael's (it comes in a little spray bottle for easy application), taped up the legs of the chair, and went to work!
The bottles are small, so one bottle only covered the back of the chair, and it will definitely need a second coat. So far I'm pretty excited with the turnout! The fabric doesn't feel stiff or hard. I was worried about the color coming off when you sit down on it, but I don't think that's going to be a problem! I gave it a good rub down (once it was dry) with a clean towel and nothing came off! Yay! I will definitely keep you updated on the final product! Now I need to decide what color to paint the legs of the chair... it's going in out "vintage industrial" basement... any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment