Thursday, June 28, 2012

Headboard Update

So remember that awesome headboard I garbage picked last month?

 BEFORE

I have finished it, and it looks even more fabulous than I thought! I decided to just go with a plain coat of white paint, and we had to do some trimming on the ends since one of the posts was broke. I think I like it so much I may store it away and keep it for Baby P! Well, only if Baby P turns out to be a girl. ;) It would look so cute in a little girls room! I had thought about painting the insert in the middle with chalkboard paint, or putting a monogram right in the middle of it, but since Baby P isn't born yet I wouldn't know what initials to use. We will see what comes of this in about 4 more months!
AFTER

(By the way, that really cool dresser I picked up at a garage sale for 3 bucks last month?... I ended up just reselling it the way it was and made a little profit! No time to refinish... but I'm glad the seller had the same vision I did. I hope she emails me pictures when she's done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment